Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Paper Mache Mini Christmas House

This is a mini Christmas house I made recently using paper mache and fimo. I wasn't up for paying ridiculous prices for a tiny house - I've seen some crappy cardboard ones for $8 at a local big box store - not cool. So took it upon myself to improvise. The only thing I paid for was the fimo (years ago) and the spray snow for the roof (dollar store). Everything else was fished out of the recycling bin or my craft desk.


The snowman was made using three cotton balls speared onto a toothpick, then covered in spray snow (which has since clumped - should have done a few more layers of it). His stick arms are twigs, his nose is a piece of foam and his eyes and buttons are puffy paint.


I had never used spray snow before and didn't realize how MESSY it was. It goes everywhere. Molly even got hit with some. After the first few sprays, I stopped and built a little cardboard box shelter/frame, then took it outside to finish.


I didn't realize it at the time, but the fimo decorations took ages to make. I was watching a movie while I made each little leaf for the wreath, but I think it was worth it.
I also wanted to make a few little pine trees, but got bored with the project so gave up.

Has anyone else attempted a mini house this holiday season? If so, I'd love to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment